Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Blogger in Chinese characters is hard to navigate...

Hi all! I am in Taipei, in Taiwan!!!

Pardont he typos- everything on Blogger is in Chinese characters so it was an adventure just trying to get logged in! :-D

The flight was pretty good!! Only 3 major meltdowns J. has endured. We don't blame her, it's a stressful journey! C. has handled her beautifully though, and 2 of the meltdowns were in airports so not too big a deal. Nevertheless, it is awfully weird to have completely missed out on December 6th. I have taken several photos and can't wait to post them later when (hopefuly) I can get my laptop set up in Hong Kong. Y'all would be so proud of me- I had the Chinese breakfast option this morning, which included Beancurd Skin with Mushrooma, Egg Congee with Pork Balls, fresh fruit, and soy milk. The mushrooms were probably the best part as they were served with thin slices of fresh red chilies. Ate two dinners (one w/ Us Air on the way to LAX, the second with EVA Air (yummy) on the way to TaipeI)

It's just dawn here in Taiwan and the sun has just peeped out, the sky is blue and what I can see of that airport out the windows everything look lovely. Our flight to Hong Kong leaves at 8:15am on Dec. 7 (in about an hour)- it's a 13 hour time difference from the East Coast to anywhere in China, so it's only 7:15pm or so on Dec. 6 for you guys.

We'll be checking into the Kowloon Hotel just for tonight, then moving to the Regal Kowloon Hotel until Sunday morning (Sat afternoon for you guys). We'll be visiting Hong Kong Disneyland on Friday too- not many rides, but should be fun! Then we fly to Changsha on Sunday, and Dec 11th is Ellie Day!!!!! (Dec. 10 evening East Coast?) I can't remember when we go to Guangzhou but I'll put up the official itinerary laer on.

C- is Smudge doing alright? I hope so! I am so worried about her poor tummy. Please kiss and brish Pushkin and loev on Thumper, and give Baxter lotyts of love too. And most of all love to you! I left you a voice mail last ngiht from LAX but I think you had fallen asleep= hope work went well today.

gOTTA RUN!

No comments: